Rich, Southern goodness! You can't say you don't like grits, until you have had this take on them!! YUM! My husband swears he does not like grits, but he LOVES this (and so does my little girl). :)
Preheat oven to: 350 degrees Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes 8 serving
- 3/4 c. quick-cooking grits
- 1 (16 oz) velveeta, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. milk
1) Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbl. of drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
2) Cook ham in reserved drippings in skillet over medium heat, until brown.
3) Cook grits according to package directions. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in bacon, ham, eggs and remaining ingredients.
4) Pour into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.
Note: Casserole can be prepared a day ahead; just cover and chill. Remove from refrigerator the next day and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake as directed.